Magnesium sulfate crystals
In case you haven’t noticed, the Diva ADORES Epsom salts and uses them in every bath she takes. The more she finds out about them and all the fancy things they do, the more she loves them! There is even a website devoted to them, The Epsom Salt Council.
Located in England, Epson was a “spa-town” in the 1600’s as the spring waters were healing and it became quite well known. But the reason for why the waters were healing were unknown. It wasn’t until a century later that magnesium as an element in the water was discovered.
Epsom salt is not actually a salt but a naturally occurring pure mineral compound of magnesium and sulfate.
Studies show these benefits from the major components of Epsom Salt:
- Ease stress and improves sleep and concentration
- Help muscles and nerves function properly
- Regulate activity of 325+ enzymes
- Help prevent artery hardening and blood clots
- Make insulin more effective
- Reduce inflammation to relieve pain and muscle cramps
- Improve oxygen use
- Flush toxins
- Improve absorption of nutrients
- Help form joint proteins and brain tissue
- Help prevent or ease migraine headaches
Magnesium /Serotonin Connection
The body requires magnesium to bind adequate amounts of serotonin, a mood-elevating chemical within the brain that creates a feeling of well being and relaxation. So you can get a boost in your serotonin level from Epsom Salts – how about that? And all you have to do is take a bath!
What else? Epsom salts are good for your health, good for your skin, good for your brain, good for your hair and even good for your garden! To find out more, visit our friends at the Epsom Salt Council.