The Glorious and Noble Ginger Plant!
If you’ve overindulged, feel a cold coming on or have a yucky attitude, try this bath to rejuvenate and restore your sweet self.
You will need: Raw ginger root
- Grate 1/2 cup of the ginger root and then put the ginger in a small linen bag (so you don’t clog up the pipes when you drain). A knee high stocking works too – tie the end and toss in the tub as you start to fill it.
- Use really hot water when you start your bath so the “ginger power” releases into the water.
- Before you get in the tub dry brush with a body brush or loofa sponge. Dry brushing helps your lymphatic system eliminate waste.
- This bath should make you sweat while you are in it and for a little while after you get out.
- Be sure and have plenty of water or coconut juice on hand to rehydrate while in the tub and later.
For more detox goodness add 2 cups Epsom Salts & 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar.
Soak in the tub for 20 – 40 minutes.
Don’t forget the bubbles.
Be careful exiting the tub, move slowly when you leave so you don’t get dizzy. Make sure there are fluffy towels and a cozy bathrobe ready for you!
Check out the Shop for Epsom salts and exfoliating mitts!
Thank you Wikipedia for the image!
1896 color plate from Köhler’s Medicinal Plants