Scented bath salts are so easy to make! And FUN! and QUICK!
You will feel like a champion Do-It-Yourself-er after making a batch.
Here’s a little video How-to.
- Epsom Salts
- Essential Oils – Lavender, Eucalyptus, Peppermint….
- Pretty Glass Jars
In a mixing bowl, pour in the Epsom salts.
For every CUP of Epsom salts you’ll be adding 1 TEAspoon of essential oil.
Add the essential oil and stir stir stir.
Add some coloring if desired.
Pour the scented salts into pretty glass jars and put the lid on.
WA-LA! Perfect for yourself or gifts too!
- Cold & Flu Bath: eucalyptus, ginger
- Dry Skin Bath: chamomile, rose
- Energizing Bath: eucalyptus, lemon, peppermint
- Love Bath: cinnamon, jasmine, rose, sandalwood
- Relaxing Bath: chamomile, lavender
- Sore Muscle Bath: rosemary
Personally, peppermint, lavender and eucalyptus are my favorites.
- Red: Beet powder
- Yellow: Turmeric (you will need to scrub the tub when using this by itself or mixed with beets to make Orange)
- Blue green: Spirulina powder
- Orange: Beet powder and turmeric
Honestly, I’ve never colored my salts, but don’t let that stop you!
Thanks to Care2 for the video and info!