I have noticed that most guys seem resistant to a bubble bath – why why why???? Men can be such silly creatures….
How can they not like bubbles? Astounding! But if a man you know is feeling bad – whether physically or emotionally – you can give him some comfort, and….sneak in a few bubbles.
Here’s how you make a nice bubble bath for your man:
- Just kinda sorta accidentally spill some bubble bath in the tub as you are filling it up
- OPPS! Apologize profusely for the bubbles
- Place man in tub
- After about 15 minutes you will hear “Honey? Can you come here?”
- Waltz/prance/dance to the bathtub
- And he will say – covered in bubbles – “I just want you know that this is the most delightful and wonderful bath I have ever had! And….I really love these bubbles”.
Favorite recipe for a Manly Bath:
- Epsom Salts – 2 cups
- Dr. Singha’s Mustard Bath – 2 heaping tablespoons
- Peppermint Oil – 5 drops
- Bubbles – lots
Epsom salts really helps tired sore muscles, and Dr. Singha says “Mustard is renowned for its stimulating, cleansing and rejuvenating qualities. The warmth of the Mustard assists in opening the pores of your skin helping you to sweat out impurities.” This stuff is great, it’s an essential in my “bath apothecary”.
The scent of peppermint is crisp, fresh, and menthol, and will clear out the cob webs without getting you hyped up. I’ve started adding it in most every bath these days, it’s stimulating, but soothing at the same time. Start out with ONLY 5 drops and add more once you are in the tub – a drop at a time! Don’t over-do essential oils, as too much can ruin your bath.
Put in your bubbles as soon as you turn on the water! Be sure and “schooch” them away from a pile-up at the faucet – we Diva’s like evenly distributed fluffy bubbles.
P.S. Every once in awhile I slip in a couple of tablespoons of coconut oil into a Manly Bath too, to moisturize his skin – just don’t tell him that, OK?